APPLY FOR A GRANT 2021
Women Photographers Australia has a goal to get more women and girls working as photographers, more women photographers working better and more women photographers recognised for their achievements.
Running a business is hard at the best of times, but if you are also the primary care giver, juggling children and elderly relatives, going through divorce, have imposter syndrome and just learning to be strong and pragmatic about business, we want to help.
We have three $500 cash grants available for members of Women Photographers Australia.
1: The Women Photographers Australia Artist Grant, is available for a photographer planning an exhibition or publishing a photobook. The $500 will help the photographer’s printing, framing, paying for an opening, marketing or design and publishing a photobook of their own work.
2: The Women Photographers Australia Business Grant is available for a photographer to set up a new venture, promote their existing business, pay for business services, including mentoring to help their photographic enterprise.
3: The Women Photographers Australia Hardship Grant is available for a photographer who has had an unexpected downturn in the profit margin due to illness, domestic violence separation/divorce or homelessness.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (ie: stuff you must read and do!)
- You are a woman* photographer who is a citizen of Australia and lives in Australia full time.
- You can nominate yourself or another member.
- Having an ABN for your photography, is preferred.
- You must be subscribed and listed as a Women Photographers Australia memberby the 30th June, 2021.
- Application DEADLINE is midnight AEST 30th August 2021. No exceptions. No late applications accepted. Deadline will not be extended.
- You will share our announcement of your successful application on your social media platforms, your website and to your email database.
- You agree to publish receipt of your grant on social media tagging Women Photographers Australia (we are on instagram and twitter) with these #womenphotoaus #womenphotographersaustralia #womenphotographersaus as a story and added as a highlight and as a post on Instagram, and as a tweet and a fleet on twitter.
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter
- As a listed member of Women Photographers Australia you agree, and we wouldbe grateful for you to add that you are a (WPA) member in your social media profileand pop our logo on your website, too.
- You will agree to acknowledge Women Photographers Australia in your marketing literature with our logo and social media handle and on exhibition catalogues and/or your photobook, with the words“Proudly supported by Women Photographers Australia @womenphotoaus #womenphotoaus #womenphotographersaustralia “
HOW TO APPLY
Please document all details required below into a Word doc attached to an email to
Any applications missing information will not be considered.
- Full Name
- Business name and ABN, if applicable.
- Social media
- Postal address
- Bank details: Bank account Name, BSB and Account number
- Email address.
- A 100 word statement (no more that 100 words please!) as to why you or your nominated women deserves a grant. No arts speak just a passionate and persuasive paragraph about why your bid should be successful.
- *women/woman: you identify as a woman, non-binary, intersex